01926 686 600 8:30am - 6.30pm Mon-Sun
Request A Callback
Payment Methods


I occasionally teach and have students shadowing me. Am I covered for this?

Yes. We offer Student and Teaching cover. Please note that this does not include running a school. However, we can cover this separately.

I occasionally carry our work abroad. Will I be insured?

Yes. We can cover you for work you carry our abroad as long as you are resident in the UK or ROI. This does exclude the USA and Canada. Temporary trips abroad are covered without time limits.

What is Libel and Slander cover?

Libel and Slander are the terms used to describe an individual making allegations or accusations about another person. They cover the written word (libel) and the spoken word (slander). As an example an article appears in a quarterly email newsletter which accuses a local therapist of selling goods that are unfit for use. They seek compensation from you for libel.

What is loss of documents cover?

It is possible that at some point during your life you will misplace or damage important documentation relating to clients. Our personal indemnity insurance has been developed to look after such a loss of documents. Should the loss of such documents breach terms from the Data Protection act or important data is lost it can cause grave situations for both you and your clients.

What does the legal and taxation package include?

Regretfully, the climate of litigation is still deteriorating, claims incidents criminal allegations including allegations of sexual impropriety or assault are, in our experience, on the increase. For many years now, we have included our Legal Expenses Policy. The cover is generous and the exclusions few. Wide range of free 24 hour Advicelines, including Legal/Tax Advice,Counselling and business support services are included. Corporates with Employees need a different policy. Jury or Witness Service Compensation – for lost income as a result of having to attend. Defence of your legal rights involving Criminal Proceedings as well as Data Protection and other legislation cover, wrongful arrest, actions against you for unlawful discrimination etc. Negotiation and representation (including accountants fees) in event of Inland Revenue partial or full enquiry. Some accountants have been known to charge over £90 for this! Business Assistance Helpline for emergencies involving your premises. Disciplinary Hearings Defence and Legal Expenses if you lose your Statutory Licence to practise

Do I need Products liability cover? What does it cover?

If you are demonstrating, making or using products in your work or selling to your clients or members of the public, then yes, you require this cover. We cover you for unlimited sales to clients and up to £30,000 per annum for retail sales only (no advice given) to the general public.

Will I be covered to carry out work with professional sports people?

Yes, under our policy you are covered to work with professional/elite sports people at no extra cost.

Is there a limit to the number of therapies I can be covered for?

Under our policy there is no limit to the number of therapies you can be covered for. As long as you are qualified to practice and have studied on a approved course we will cover you.

What is loss of reputation cover?

This is where you may have innocently suffered loss to your business and good name as a result of a complaint, lawsuit or other action by any third party. You may require the services of a public relations professional to help repair the damage caused by such situations.

I am unsure about Record Keeping. What guidance can you give me?

In the event of a claim you will be asked to produce your records of the client/event. This is to protect you in the event of a claim against you. The insured person must adequately record each and every treatment given to each and every client. The record is to include full details of the consultation process, the treatment, the result of the treatment and any aftercare instructions given where appropriate. The record shall be kept for at least 7 years following the last occasion on which treatment was given. In the case of treatment to minors, it is advisable that records should be kept for at least 7 years after they reach the age of majority (18). In the case of trial or demonstration sessions undertaken at shows, seminars, talks, conferences, courses and exhibitions instead of the above, the name and brief details of the person, date of session and condition being treated should be recorded. In the case of sessions or classes undertaken in the form of yoga, pilates, fitness, exercise, meditation or mediumship instead of the above, the name and brief details of the person, date of session and any other relevant observations should be recorded. If new clients attend your class you should talk to them and ensure that there is no reason why they should not attend your class. If in doubt you should ask for their GP's confirmation that they can safely participate in your class. Please remember that this is not only for your safety but also for the safety of your class participants. At the start of each class please ask all participants is there any change in their circumstances that might affect their ability to participate in and complete the class safely. Please remember that as a therapist or instructor you cannot be too careful. Your questioning and profesionalism will install confidence in your clients. If in doubt or if you have any questions on this subject please do not hesitate to contact us via the contact page.

Does my policy cover me for online work/activity?

The policy will automatically provide cover for the business activities noted and agreed on the policy schedule, via skype, telephone or online consultations. This will provide cover so long as work is not performed or provided to clients in the USA and/or Canada (unless cover for this aspect has been agreed separately). If you do require this aspect of cover please contact us for further information.

Is it essential that I take out Professional Liability Insurance?

It’s not compulsory but claims for damages are on the increase and many professional associations therefore recommend their members to arrange it. Some associations even insist on members having liability insurance in place before they can become a member. Profesional Liability Insurance cover should be considered if members of the public, clients or customers visit your premises. If you run a home-business, and customers sometimes visit you there, professional liability insurance will cover claims caused by injury or accidental damage. If you visit clients at their own house you should also consider professional liability cover

What exactly does Professional Liability Insurance cover?

Professional Liability insurance will cover you if someone is accidentally injured by you or your business operation. It will also cover you if you damage third party property while on business. The cover should include any legal fees and expenses which result from any claim by a third party. You should always ensure that your insurer knows what type of business you run, and you should always inform them if your circumstances change, as this may affect your policy. Professional Liability insurance covers small business people who provide specialist advice to other companies. People who are in the business of selling their skills or knowledge may wish to be protected in the event of a negligence claim as a result of services they have provided to a third party. It will also cover a negligent act, or error made during the course of your duties. Unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights. Loss of data or documents entrusted to you. Unintentional breach of confidentiality. Unintentional libel or slander.

I rent a room. Do I need contents and fixtures insurance?

If you are renting a unit or just a room and the building burns down, the owners building insurance won't cover the cost of replacing your fittings and furniture. Your business will need its own policy for that. It's not worth the risk of not having it; you'd be surprised how much it would cost to replace all of your fittings in a hurry.

I work on my own. Do I really need stock insurance?

It’s sensible to protect your stock too. At any one time you may have hundreds or thousands of of pounds worth of stock. If it’s destroyed or stolen, has your business got the cash (or even the cash flow) to replace it quickly? If you are not sure work it out for yourself. Oils, Needles, Couch Rolls, Therabands and supports. They are not cheap. Could you afford to buy them all at the same time if you lost them?